Whatley Campus School History
The school in Whatley Avenue was first opened in 1909 and was generally known as Botsford Road School. This was due to the main access route being through Botsford Road.
The building contained a school for 340 mixed infants on the ground floor. The upper floor held a school for boys and girls with room for 700 students.
A separate building was added in 1911 for the teaching of woodwork, metal work and “housecraft” subjects, specifically intended for girls.
In later years the site was divided. It became home to Joseph Hood Primary School, Merton Adult Education College and most recently Harris Academy.
In September 2022, the school will open again as Whatley Campus, part of Melbury College.
The photographs below were taken around 1910.