Melbury College Vision and Values
Melbury College aims to educate the ‘whole child’ through a personalised approach to learning.
Pupils are supported, challenged, stretched and inspired in a wide range of learning opportunities through our broad, balanced and engaging curriculum.
We will transform the lives of young people by providing bespoke and specialist education of the highest standard.
We will do this through:
A flexible and individualised approach that responds positively to changes that may occur during a student’s life-journey.
A relentless focus on improving education and progress outcomes with high expectations of, and aspirations for, all our young people.
Providing a high quality curriculum that supports the individual needs of all students.
Working closely with our families to ensure a personalised student and support network approach.
Developing individual students’ abilities and supporting them to reach their full potential.
Developing the life skills of students, including self-motivation, tenacity and resilience.
Ensuring a continuum of specialist services and learning for targeted young people in Merton.
Strategic and financial governance that is fit for purpose and ensures sustainability.
Developing our students’ behaviour to enable them to progress, socially and educationally.
Melbury College Values
1. Put pupils’ interests first
- Have high expectations
- Develop the whole child
- Encourage broader life opportunities
- Celebrate achievement
- Recognise the importance of partnerships with parents
- Teach the way pupils learn
2. Commitment to the Community
- Create and develop community partnerships
- Form partnerships with businesses and community organisations
- Promote equality inside and outside school
3. Attract and only retain excellent staff
- Teamwork and individual excellence is expected from each member of staff
- Ensure consistently high quality teaching and learning
- Build a culture of collective accountability
- Develop staff knowledge and skills
- Expect all staff to maintain the integrity of Melbury College
4. Always Innovative
- Encourage creative thinking and new ideas
- Reflect on our practice
- Embrace change
- Encourage better ways to achieve our goals
5. Respect and show fairness to all
- Listen to others’ point of view
- Affirm cultural diversity within the school community
- Value all members of the school community
- Acknowledge that all members of the community have rights and should show respect to one another