Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Melbury College wish to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead to work alongside the Designated Safeguarding Lead on safeguarding for the children, young people and staff of Melbury College. Due to expansion across Melbury College this exciting new opportunity has arisen within the team. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of working effectively with vulnerable children/ young people as well as extensive experience of working with their parents/ carers in a safeguarding capacity.
We are seeking a highly skilled person who has a strong commitment to safeguarding and who is able to deliver whole school safeguarding training, as well as update and implement policies and procedures.
Melbury College is a partnership that includes Melrose School, Primary and Secondary Campuses (Special School for pupils with SEMH), Canterbury Campus (Secondary PRU), the Merton Medical Education Service, Merton Alternative Education Service and the brand new Whatley Campus (Special School for pupils with ASD/ SpLD, opening Sept 22)
Candidates should have:
• Previous experience working in safeguarding within an education, social work or youth work setting
• Ability to motivate children/young people by establishing empathetic and supportive working relationships
• Experience of the use of restorative practices as well as good rapport with challenging pupils and their families
• Knowledge of the principles involved in giving advice and guidance to children/ young people, including the place of confidentiality
• Ability to monitor and review through self-evaluation, report writing and a clear system of record keeping
• Ability to work flexibly, innovatively and responsively in a challenging environment
- Up to date knowledge of the principles of child protection and safeguarding
We offer the following:
• The opportunity to work across a range of unique, dynamic, successful and forward looking settings, supported by committed and conscientious colleagues.
• An excellent environment in which to further develop your skills with opportunities for professional development.
• An experienced and supportive safeguarding team.
• A provision with a creative, open and supportive ethos.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: ME12 sp 30-33
£36,378 – 39,564 FTE
Term time + 1 week
Deadline and how to apply
Start date: ASAP or Sept 2022
Completed application forms to be emailed to Caroline Aldon at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through TES
Melbury College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. As such all applicants will be required to submit details of two references who will be contacted in advance of interviews for shortlisted candidates. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.